4.2 Environmental policy
4.4 Implementation and operation
4.5 Checking and corrective action
4.6 Management review
International environmental regulations
- Basel convention : control of transboundary movements of hazardous wastes
- Montreal Protocol : banning the production and use of CFCs
- Regulation on haron gas
- Clean Air Act (Regulation on waste gas)
- Energy efficiency regulations
- Prohibition on sales of CFC refrigerators
- Taxing carbon/energy
- Grading energy efficiency
- Environmental Labeling
- Renewable resources conservation Act
- Regulation on waste of packing materials
- Collection of waste home appliances
- Control of vehicles that discharge exhausted fumes & regulation on disposable products
- Open system to the public of corporate environmental information
- Expected to obligatorily indicate environmental section in corporate accounts
Keypoints to establish ISO 14001 System
‘Environment’ starts with cost cut-down and elimination of waste elements.
Even a piece of paper, a light and a drop of water are made from wood and fossil fuel. Eco-friendly management begins with reducing cost and waste.
One need to improve processes and working methods before investment in facilities.
Improving processes and working methods to minimize the loss of cost and subsidiary materials and to best utilize the utility.
‘Environment’ is not only a risk but also an opportunity for business.
Do you still think that the investment in environment management is unnecessary? Only eco-friendly corporations can survive and only prepared ones can make progress.
Benefits of ISO 14001 certification
- To establish corporate creditibility
- To comply with legislations and public policies
- To meet the requirement of contract and assurance
- To minimize the damage in case of emergency
- To refresh employees’ awareness of environment and improve environmental management ability
Corporate profitability aspect
- To reduce the cost and waste with efficient use of resources
- To prevent complaints pursued by customer and local community
- To revive employees sprit and maintain the systematic properness of corporate management
- To prevent potential accidents and minimize the risks
Cost benefit aspect
- To reduce use of electricity, water, fuel, raw/subsidiary materials
- To reduce indirect cost (thermal insulation, insulation, air conditioning, ventilation)
- To reduce waste